... what a title National Policy Conferences on the Strategic Action Plans for the Improvement of the National Legal and Organisational Frameworks (SAP-LOF) for the Sustainable Management of Marine Managed Areas In short: National SAP-LOF Conferences.
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - 14th April 2015
- Dominica - 30th April 2015
- 7th May 2015 - Grenada
- Saint Lucia - 12th May 2015
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - 19th May 2015
As a crucial step in the process towards developing, consolidating and improving the National Legal and Organisational Frameworks (LOF) for Sustainable MMA Management, CATS 2 is supported all Countries in the development of Strategic Action Plans (SAP-LOF) of necessary and prioritised action. These draft SAP-LOF, which were developed with CATS 2 assistance in interministerial working groups in all Countries before the Conferences. They were then validated during the National Policy-level Conferences. One of the overall objectives of CATS 2 assisted activities and projects, including these conferences is the improvement and consolidation of a national MMA legal and organisational framework for sustainable MMA management.
The SAP-LOF documents are currently under final review after the conference inputs and will after validation by Governments be published (here on this website).
Conference Objectives / Outputs
- Priority Legal and Organisational Framework Reform/ Improvement Actions translated into
- Strategic Action Plan for the Improvement of the National Legal and Organisational Framework (SAP-LOF) for the Sustainable Management of Marine Managed Areas (MMA/MPA)
- Parts of the event will be (media) recorded and published
- Government Policy Level: Permanent Secretaries from all Government Line Agencies related to/ involved in the Management of Marine Areas, i.e. Marine Managed Areas (MMA) and Marine Protected Areas (MPA)
- Government Senior Technical Level: Department Heads and Directors from all Government Line Agencies related to/ involved in the Management of Marine Areas
- Private Sector Representatives
- Members of the National CATS 2 Project Implementation Team (PIT)
- Staff and Personnel from the Focus MMA/MPA of CATS 2 in the Country
- Representatives from other Coastal, Marine, MMA and/or ICZM Programmes and Organisations in the Country
- Representatives from both, concerned coastal and hinterland communities